Sunday, May 31, 2020

Go Ahead, Make My Birthth Day!

     Hello everyone, hope all is well.  Today is Clint Eastwood's 90th birthday and you ask me how does that tie in with comics.  Well it does with pop culture and there was several paperbacks issued in the 60s by Award Paperbacks called the "Man with No Name" series.  Most were written by comic book scribe, Joe Millard.  Almost all of the novels has titles tied in with money as in, "Coffin Full of Dollars," "Blood for a Dirty Dollar" and "Million Dollar Blood Hunt."

     There was also a lot of fan speculation after Clint's Josey Wales film that he would be perfect for the equally scarred cowboy, Jonah Hex.  There was even a Man with No Name series from Dynamite Comics in the early 2000s.

     I wouldn't mind growing old enough to hit 90 myself, but with my occasional health problems, to achieve that goal I'd have to look at myself in the mirror and ask myself...

     ... "Do you feel lucky, well do ya?"

     Take care and remember to adopt a (Clint Eastwood) comic book today!

No comments:

Post a Comment