Monday, February 3, 2014

Bowl Dud and Comics

     Hi everyone, hope all is well.  Last night I watched the Super Bowl and boy, what a Dud!  That's when I began in my mind to see if I could equate it to an event in comics.


     Well, the Marvel Comics, Contest of Champions series over twenty years ago certainly comes to mind and that was sort of a "Super" event but turned out to be as much a dud as last nights game.  Then I thought of another comic that had high expectations and laughed to myself when I thought of Dazzler, the disco hero.  What a hoot.  And what's more, they even tried to retro her and reinvent her as a mutant (Well that was certainly supposed to make her viable as an X-Man, don't you think?) and all the surrounding hoopla.  But that didn't help either.


     Well, at least the food and the company at the party I went to was great...more than I can say about either Dazzler OR the game.


     Take care and adopt a (good) comic book today!

No comments:

Post a Comment