Thursday, December 15, 2011

Almost That Time

     Hey, has anybody noticed the shopping days are dwindling before Christmas?  I have and I'm burning up my credit card at the 3 or 4 local comic shops for my friends.  Here's a few tips for you and your comic loving loved ones.

     1) Trades- Collected paperbacks are the way to go.  All of the storyline and none of the headaches (over missed parts).

     2) Single special issues- Most of the stores have at least a few old, rare under the glass golden or silver age comics.  Just one of these babies would certainly make a comic lover happy.

     3) Comic strips- These too are now being collected.  Peanuts and Dick Tracy are two of the longest running.  I'm buying those as well as Johnny Hazard, Rip Kirby, The Heart of Juliet Jones and Buz Sawyer.  A couple of years worth of dailies and Sundays all in one book.  Great!

     I'll be back in a day or so to expand this list.  Good shopping!

     Don't forget to adopt a comic today.

No comments:

Post a Comment