Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sold to the Man Not on the Phone!

     Well, according to the title of the blog today, I lost out in my bid (no pun intended) to own some more original comic book artwork in last week's auction.  Truth be told, I didn't lose, I got creamed.  I normally would have seen the signs, but with this auction they weren't there.

     Normally if an item is going to go big, so to speak, it's already at a high starting point before the auction date.  But both my first and second choices were very low.  Then choice one must have spiked the morning of the auction while I wasn't watching, for bidding began at $1100. and closed thirty seconds later at $1200.  I was all set to be in a heated contest that would open around two or three hundred dollars and close between four and five, but I barely had time to introduce myself to my proxy bidder before it was over.

     My back-up choice did go the way I figured though but the bidding quickly jumped into the six, seven and eight hundred dollar range, way too steep for my blood.

     I guess I'm going to have to re-think my bidding strategy, learn to like cheaper artwork or make more money.  Still, it was fun.  I can't wait for the next one in November.

     Take care and adopt a comic today!

No comments:

Post a Comment