Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Cry Uncle

     Hello everyone, hope all is well.  Today is actor Robert Vaughn's birthday, or would have been had he not passed away last week.  Best known for "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." television show from the mid-60s.

     Of course I remember him from the comic books by the same name.  They were published by Gold Key Comics and featured photos on the covers from the show.  There were not very many of them, but most had decent artwork by either Alden McWilliams or Mike Sekowsky who also drew Justice League of America during the mid-60s.

     And now that I've got the superb actor on my mind, I'm going to pull a few issues out tonight of U.N.C.L.E. comics and read some.

     And in honor of Robert's portrayal of spy, Napoleon Solo, I'll give out a quiet plea of, "Open channel "D" please.

     Take care and adopt a (spy) comic book today!

No comments:

Post a Comment