Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Cold Comics

     Hi everyone, hope all is well.  With winter finally hitting us, I thought I'd talk about the cold and how it affects comics.  When I was very young, my Mother would not let me keep a lot of comics in the house, so out to the garage they went.  Now during the summer, I hid my books throughout the house and basement, but during the winter, I happily complied.  Why would I do that you might ask?  Because the cold kept them in beautiful shape.  Many of my better copies of comics are still in great shape due to the normally frigid Cleveland weather.


     I might have mentioned this tip before, but attics and damp basements are a danger to your precious paper darlings.  Of course they didn't have special acid-free bags and boards.  No, if it was up to me, I'd keep my comics in a slightly cooled fridge year round.  More on conditions of comics and weather, coming soon


     Take care and adopt a (cool) comic today!

No comments:

Post a Comment