Friday, December 11, 2015

Shootings/Comics/Violence

     Hello everyone, hope all is well.  As we all know from the recent news reports, Paris has been attacked by gunman, as has a family clinic and an office building.  I've written before about how our retreats from violence are becoming fewer and fewer.  I can't even retreat from the madness and seek a safe haven in my beloved comic books as they too have been taken over by the most horrendous violence as any fan checking out the Joker's most recent appearances in Batman comics can attest too.


     I'd start reading Archie Comics, but some of their sub-set titles (Archie vs. Predator) are heading for the sales that violent reading rewards the company with.  I'm sure more is on the way.


     For the entertainment factor in my beloved comic books I currently fear, for there seems little present without the added aspect of hacking/slashing and super violence. 


     But there is something more that I fear for besides the ongoing aspects of good comics...I fear for all of us.


     Take care and adopt a (non-violent) comic book today!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment