Monday, August 4, 2014

"Marvel"-ing at Barnes and Noble

     Hi everyone, hope all is well.  Boy, I thought I was busy on National Batman day and DC day, But Marvel day at the Great Lakes Mall Barnes and Noble made the other two appearances seem like a tea party.  There was about 60+ people there all wanting stories about Marvel comics and the Guardians of the Galaxy.  Luckily, I was friends (before he passed away) with the co-creator of the Guardians...Gene Colan.  So I had plenty of stories on the origins of the new movie.
    
     The biggest draw of laughter from the crowd was at my vocal impersonation of Stan Lee as I told stories of the old days of Marvel Comics from the many things I'd read and stories I had heard from Neal Adams, Gene Colan, George Tuska (another friend), and many others.  I guess when I was very young, I was at the right place at the right time to have knowledge of those great talents.


     And many thanks to B & N manager, Chad and all of the employees who made this a wonderful three day experience for me.  I had a great time and I hope they get a chance to read this blog (but only after I send them all a thank you card).


     Take care and adopt a comic book (from Barnes and Noble) today.



No comments:

Post a Comment