Friday, June 27, 2014

Why Batman?

     Hello everyone, hope all is well.  I said after the month of March that I'd return to the subject of Batman and I am since I've been going through some of his comics reminding me of how great he is.


     You see, I think Batman's great because he wasn't bitten by a radioactive spider, he wasn't rocketed to Earth from a distant planet, he wasn't given a powerful green ring by a dying alien.


     No, he was born a natural birth, grew up, witnessed a terrible tragedy and was reborn into something different, different but still human.  He thinks, he acts, he cries, he defends, he avenges, he protects, he withstands, he perseveres, he smiles, he scowls, he loves, he denies himself, he saves, he stands victorious, he loses, he wins, and... he hurts, just like the rest of us.  Because above all else...he's human, again, just like the rest of us.


     And I'm betting that each and every one of us has felt or done at least one of those actions in our lives.  In my mind that means that we all have at least a little Batman in all of us.  Again, because we're human.


     Take care and adopt a (Batman) comic today.

No comments:

Post a Comment