Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Batman in Newspapers

     Hi everyone, hope all is well.  With the month of Batman winding down (it never really will for me) I wanted to talk about Batman's newspaper adventures.  Yes, the Caped Crusader spent three years in the "funnies" from 1943-1946.  These strips have been reprinted in a Dark Horse company collection some years back, but out tomorrow is a new collection, reprinting Batman strips from 1966 on.


     The second Batman try in the papers resulted from the popularity of the then red-hot television show.  Personally, I can't wait to see these as I could not collect the strip back in the day due to my young age, but on the other hand, I was far from being born during the 1943 run of strips.


     But I was around and adult enough to collect the 1990 run of Batman newspaper strips based on the popularity of that first Batman/Michael Keaton flic.  Now that run, albeit short, is in my collection and I'm only missing two story lines.  But check out the new collection due out tomorrow.  It'll be another missing piece found from the many facets of Batman over the years.


     Take care and adopt a comic book today.

No comments:

Post a Comment