Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Kennedy in Comics and First Signing

     Hi everyone, hope all is well.  Since the 50th anniversary of JFK's murder is almost upon us, I thought about one of the most ironic appearances by our late President within the pages of my beloved hobby...comics

     In Action Comics, #319, Feb. 1964, Kennedy disguised himself like Clark Kent allowing Superman and Clark to appear at the same place, dispelling rumors of Superman's secret identity.  Supposedly in real life, the President was thrilled with his appearance.  But the Feb. 1964 issue came out in December of 1963, mere weeks after the assassination.  Both the family and the White House were  contacted and thought it fine to continue the appearance that the late President was looking forward to.  I cover more of this subject on my current issue of my E-Comics Gazette website.

     Also, my new fiction/political thriller/conspiracy novel (The Camelot Memo) comes out officially (advance copies with the rare, very limited different cover) tomorrow and my first local signing will be at Comic Heaven on Robinhood Drive in Willoughby.  I'll be there from 6-8pm.  The 270 page novel is $20.00 dollars.  Hope to see you there for a chat about comics, writing, books and just about anything else that might come up.

     Take care and adopt a comic book today.

No comments:

Post a Comment