Monday, September 30, 2013

Breaking Bad with Badfinger

     Hi everyone, hope all is well.  After last night's climactic and final episode of Breaking Bad, I was surprised to see the last few minutes of the great drama finish with no spoken words, only the music of Badfinger's "Baby Blue."

     By this morning I was getting calls from all over the country asking me if I had seen the ending.  Actually, people from the Badfinger organization and Pete Ham estate (he was the writer of "Baby Blue") called me last night to tell me to watch the show since I have been friends of the group for a long time, as well as the editor of the Badfinger bio book, an aide/writer to the creative consultant on the VH1 Behind the Music special on the group as well as someone who helped put the Pete Ham solo CD together after his tragic passing.

     I felt good knowing that someone I know, a very friendly and special person, was getting credit for something.  I know this blog has more to do with my Scene Magazine writing roots as a 15 and 16 year old way back and not so much with comics, but Breaking Bad has been considered one of the great moments in television and after all, man cannot live by comics alone.

     AWWW who am I kidding, of course they can!  Take care and adopt a (Badfinger, yes, they were pictured in the comics) comic book today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment