Thursday, July 11, 2013

Transformers and Honors

Hi everyone, hope all is well. Now back in the 198o's I used to read Transformer comics (robots in disguise)and I really enjoyed them as they caused many explosions on their way to saving the world. But the last week or so, the transformers atop the telephone pole in front of my house has been exploding and not saving the world but really ticking me off as I continue to have power only about 45 minutes per day. As I write this I'm doing my scribing from Comic Heaven. So yes, I'm putting all of my Transformer comics away for now. Also I was invited to an ice-cream social at the News-Herald last night and was astonished to find that my editor and main boss (not to be confused with my immediate editor, Cheryl) Trish, nominated me for a blogger award where I happily placed 3rd in the whole country. Now I didn't win any cash prizes but I was truly honored to place so high among my peers and to represent the News-Herald where I've written off and on for over 20 years. Now I was happy when I arrived last night but my mood was TRANSFORMED when I got the good news and that's where we go full circle back to the Transformers. Sorry for the bad pun, but please take care and don't forget to adopt a comic book today.

No comments:

Post a Comment