Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Superman, Emergency and Bad Luck

     Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well.  I also hope everyone got to read part two of my Superman trilogy of articles in the News-Herald this past Sunday.  The paper is doing a wonderful job of the presentation.  I would have blogged everyone a day in advance to give all of you readers a "heads up" but I wound up with some bad luck and an emergency.

     You see as I was about to blog Saturday morning, I received an urgent call that my father fell and broke his hip and was rushed to emergency surgery.  Of course some mild complications set in and he'll be on oxygen the rest of his life.  That figures with the family luck.  But this is a blog on comics, not one concerning how much I love my Dad.

     But the term emergency fits in with Superman also.  You see, back in the 50's and 60's, The Man of Steel had a "Superman Emergency Squad" which was a bunch of duplicate, look-alike, Superman robots in case the entire world needed the big, blue boy scout all at once.  He'd just signal his robots and everyone took a task out of the "to do" list.

     I'll keep everyone posted on Superman the rest of the month including an event I'll be attending this week.  Take care and adopt a comic book today.

No comments:

Post a Comment