Thursday, February 21, 2013

More Comics Language

     Hi everyone, staying warm I hope?  Remember my last posting, the one about combined last names?  Well today I'd like to talk about those pesky double lettes found in most Marvel Comics.

     Fanstastic Four- (in itself using the double "F's") - Reed Richards, Sue Storm (before marriage), Mole Man, Miracle Man, Dr. Doom, Super-Skrull, Molecule Man, Paste-Pot Pete (as the Trapster) Frightful Four, Black Bolt, Silver Surfer, Sentry Sinister and Wyatt Wingfoot.  And this is just in the first 65 issues!

     Did Smilin Stan (there it is again) Lee have something against starting off names with different letters?  Well, I'll get into this some more in the near future.  Send in your comments about your favorite Marvel "double letter hero."  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

     I'd talk more, but I'm feeling a little miffed about some errands I have to run right now.  So this is Cranky Chris (whoops, there it is again) signing off.

     Take care and don't forget to adopt a comic book today.

No comments:

Post a Comment