Saturday, November 17, 2012

Twinkies Gone? Comics Here!

  
     Hi everyone, hope you're all doing fine.  Well I'm not.  I heard the news (today, Oh boy) about Hostess Twinkies going out of business.  This brings me flashing back to my youth when I'd buy the Snowballs and the Twinkies and Ding Dongs.  I'd round out my eating experience with a comic book. 

     Sometimes on Fridays, my mom would go to Hough Bakery and bring me back some chocolate cake squares.  I remember specifically eating one in the mid-1960's (I was a mere infant) reading a Jimmy Olsen comic, "The Helmet of Hate!"

     Mostly I would get a "Mickey's Banana Flip for 12 cents and pick up a comic with another 12 cents and have a penny left over from my quarter a week allowance that I would use to buy a pretzel log with.  What a great country!

     But let's hope that Hostess can pull it together because then my memories of childhood comic reading would not only be a great one, but a sweet one as well.

     Take care and adopt a comic book today.

No comments:

Post a Comment