Friday, October 19, 2012

A Great Bat Day!

     Hi everyone, sorry I haven't written in a few days because I've been recovering from an "autograph hangover," so to speak.  Actually, I had a great time at the News Herald Batman book debut function on the 17th.  How much fun did I have?  Welllllllllll, let me tell you.

     I met a bunch of great people, signed autographs, re-met some old customers and pals from a comic shop I frequented (and did paperwork for) a few decdes ago.  I also got to chat with some current church friends that stopped by and met a nice brother and sister who reaaallllly liked Batman a lot.  I'm glad that they both won some Batman poster/covers that I was able to sign.

     Next was the old and DEAR friend of mine from high school.  I had only seen her twice in over a quarter of a (this makes it seem soooo much longer written this way) century.  I got to meet her husband, who shares a comic book hobby with me and hear stories of their son, who enjoys writing as much as I do.  Hope they contact me so I can stay in touch this time.

     Last but not least, a special guest arrived, not even knowing for sure if I was THAT Chris Lambert.  You see, I haven't seen Patsy since I was three years old.  That's because she was my very first baby-sitter and her mother was my God Mother.  Her father also held a fond spot in my heart since I have always rembered his kindness and his calls on my birthday once my family moved away.  He "got" my connection with masked heroes like Batman and everytime he saw me out in the yard with a towel around my neck for a cape and an imaginary sword in my hand (mimicking the masked hero I watched on Walt Disney re-runs) he would shout out..."ZORRO!"

     It was fun talking about my career (I probably should have gone a little more top heavy on Batman though) and meeting everyone.  Family and friends and partners such as Liz, David, Jim, Paul and Maureen were there as well.  But of course I owe the biggest debt of thanks to Trish and Cheryl for planning and hosting the function  I have thoroughly enjoyed knowing and working with both of these fine people.

     Welllll, this is sort of long for a blog so I'd better get going before it turns into a novelette.  I'll be blogging more about the function in days to come.  Take care everyone and rembember to adopt a comic today.

No comments:

Post a Comment