Thursday, June 21, 2012

Local Hero in My Book

     Hi, I was at Barnes and Nobles last week buying books and checking out their (what else?) comics section.  As I was leaving I saw a gentleman (in every sense of the word) guarding and herding a momma goose and her 12 babies across the parking lot, stopping cars and the such as the birds made their way slowly all the way from Macy's.

     I stopped to watch for about a half an hour, especially since the gaggle stopped under my car for a rest, and began chatting with the fellow.  From the time he started watching over the momma and baby birds he must have been at it at least an hour before the geese found haven in the woods and pond behind the bookstore.  That's what I call a hero in my book and certainly a gentle man.

     PS: Tomorrow is my birthday, so on Friday, June 22nd, I'll be talking about heroes who age and celebrate those personal holidays.

     Take care and adopt a comic today.

No comments:

Post a Comment