Friday, May 11, 2012

Chris Local Book Signing & Comic Novel

     Just a note to begin reminding all of my blog readers that I'll be at Barnes and Nobles book store in Mentor, signing copies of my latest book, The Expediters" on May 20th, (Sunday) from 1pm to 4pm.  The Expediters is a spy type novelette filled with four different stories, one of which is a comic book insert drawn by my artist and friend, David Russell.  A pin-up by Pete Cooper will also adorn the pages.  The stories are all a little super-hero-ish, but you should enjoy the humor, action and wit of the book.  See you then.

COMIC NOVELETTE PART III

     Kid Hero smiled to himself as he made his way home.  After saving the woman's life and alerting the police, he drove around town but found no more crimes in the making to attack.  As he pulled into his secret entranceway, he leapt out of the vehicle and bounded up the stairs two at a time.

     "Mom, I'm home!"

     "That's nice dear, did you stop any bounders from committing crimes?"  The reply sounded bored but inquisitive.

     "Yes I did."  Ken shouted back his answer as he took off his unweildy helmet.

     "Good, I left a late night snack on the table for you, make sure you drink all of your milk, you're still a growing boy you know."

     "Thanks Mom, I will."  Ken perched himself on the nearest kitchen chair, the cape still falling around his shoulder, and dug into the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment