Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Reasons for Bat-Bashing?

     Just the other day I blogged about why two friends of mine quit collecting Batman after decades of purchasing comics with the Caped Crusader in it.  Well the recent story is okay, as the art is also passable to a degree, but I re-read my issues and may have found a sticking point.

     You see, Batman beat a guy and got beat beyond any human pain endurance.  Believe me, it wasn't pretty.  Later in the Bat-Cave, Batman deduces that there's a hidden implant in Robin's tooth, placed there when he was probably unconcious at some point during the case.  So during an arguement between the Dynamic Duo, rather than just suggest that Robin submit to an x-ray to prove his point, he shuts up Robin and makes his point at the same time by slugging him in the jaw so hard that he knocks the offending molar out!

     I mean after all, isn't somebody supposed to be the good guy in this comic?  This slant on my favorite character is getting me going and maybe not in a nice direction.  So to DC I say..."Batman Comics: Don't Get Me Started!"

     Take care and adopt a comic today!

No comments:

Post a Comment