Saturday, March 31, 2012

Watch Out DC

     Hi, just to let you know, I'm a big Batman fan and so are a couple of my good friends...Jim and Brian.  My point to this comment is that they both told me this week that they are no longer buying Batman after DECADES of collecting the adventures of the Caped Crusader.

     DC recently said that the New 52 is re-imagining many of these great heroes, but let me tell you, maybe they should start re-imagining their writers and artists or they may have to start re-imagining their fan base.

     Take care and adopt a comic today.

1 comment:

  1. I stopped buying Batman, Superman, and all the others back in August when they restarted the numbering on Action Comics and Detective Comics. (There were other issues too, like destroying the character of Oracle). Apologists, people who don't care about history and, well, DC itself will say people aren't abandoning DC over all this, but they are. DC has already reimagined its fanbase: it's abandoning the fans with money in favor of kids who either don't have money or are more interested in downloading stuff for free. The New 52 is still in the "honeymoon" phase (though this post suggests that honeymoon is coming to a crashing end). I still think DC is going to try and undo some of the damage before the year is out...

    ReplyDelete