Thursday, December 8, 2011

Buying Collections and More Birthdays

     As I write this, late Thursday, the 8th, I wish to tell everyone it's my late dog's (Ripley) birthday or would have been as she would have hit the big 19 years old.  I still miss her to this day.

     I recently bought a beat up collection of comics.  I've already given tips to all of you on the subject of sorting your own comics.  Now I want to say a few things about buying them.  First, make mental lists in your head (if you're familiar with the price of comics) of how much the collection is worth and divide by how much you're willing to spend or how much the seller is willing to take.  There's nothing wrong with a little bartering.  Then pick out the best conditioned ones for your maximum profit, dumping the "beaters' in a bulk re-sale.  But for Pete's sake, don't forget to pick out ones for your own collection if you need them!

     More on this subject as well as what I've been buying and what you can buy that comic fanatic in your family next time out.

PS: Jerry Robinson, one of the earliest ghost art assistants to Bob Kane died today.  Although there was some controversy on the subject that Kane (co-creator of Batman) disagreed with, Jerry has always stated that he was the creator or co-creator of Robin and the Joker.  Maybe I'll get back to this one after the holdays, after all...Comics: don't get me started!

     Don't forget to adopt a comic today.

No comments:

Post a Comment