Monday, November 7, 2011

A Nice Show

     I attended the Geek fest out in Jefferson the other day and had loads of fun.  My friend and artist David Russell was with me as we debuted our two new comic magazines, Bystander Presents #1 as well as The Vampire Gazette #2.

     Our sales were decent but I mostly enjoyed talking to the fans and seeing a lot of the costume contestants.  There was a cool looking Catwoman taking tickets at the door and a female Aquaman that had to be seen to be believed.

     The show overall was nice, but there were not enough comic book dealers for my taste, but as I saw firsthand, there are plenty of geeks to go (many at the show, and I mean this in all sincerity since I suppose I'm one as well) around.  Who knows, maybe next year I'll go in costume myself as either one of my own characters, Batman, (although I'd have to shave my beard and suck in my gut) or as exactly what I am, a smiling, glued together by the medical profession writer.

     Take care and adopt a comic today.

No comments:

Post a Comment