Thursday, September 22, 2011

I Love Comic Strips Too

     Yes, according to the title of today's blog, I'm just about as crazy for comic strips as comic books.  And it's in that capacity that I want to share one of my favorite comic strips of all time.  It also just happens to be a strip from "Ziggy," created by Clevelander Tom Wilson, who recently passed away, jogging my thoughts about this strip.

     The strip (from at least a quarter century ago) showed Ziggy looking out the window stating, "The parade of life has passed me by...funny though, I never heard any music."

     That strip sums it up for me.  You go through life from point "A" to point "B" without ever realising that you've aged, you've changed and the world is entirely different from when you started the journey.  Fame, riches and love may have all slipped through your fingers...or not in your journey through life, but here's hoping that all of you reading this gets to hear at least a little music along your personal "Parade" we call "Life."

     Take care and adopt a comic (as well as comic strip) today.

No comments:

Post a Comment