Tuesday, August 30, 2011

End of an Era?

     Next week's comic books arrives on September 7th.  That also happens to be the 10th anniversary of me picking up all of the comics for five of my friends and dropping them off every week for 520 straight weeks, since my schedule has always allowed for the time.  Like a mailman, through heat and rain and sleet of snow I was always there.  I mean what the heck, I was getting my books anyway and they all lived close to me when I started this.

     But with a decade passing, not to mention my recent near heart attack, ensuing emergency heart operation, infection scare and pneumonia all in the span of 16 days, well suffice to say I'm letting my pals get their own stuff from now on.  We'll still talk about our favorite hobby on the phone and at lunches and such, but from now on, I'll mosey on over to get the comics when I feel like it and rest my aching heart more.  This should also give me more time to blog.  Yippee!
      
     Well, take care and adopt a comic today.

No comments:

Post a Comment