Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Birthday Comics

     Yes, as I alluded to in the title above, today is my birthday!  Yippee!  Except for aging as I'm typing, life is good,especially since today is also comic book day.

     So accordingly, I treated myself to a few back issues of DC comics, looked through a few bins of Marvels and ordered an old 1950's comic through the mail.

     I also picked up The Comic Revue, a bi-monthly compilation book that puts together about six to eight weeks worth of old comic strips.  I collect the magazine for one of my old favorites from when I was a little tyke...Buz Sawyer.  He was a navy pilot that got into all sorts of scrapes and jams.  Too bad there are so few adventure strips in today's newspapers.

     So considering the situation I just described, could you say I got a birthday Buz?

No comments:

Post a Comment